This Page

has been moved to new address

Lazy Day!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Lazy Day!

Mogs Travels

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lazy Day!

We had a day off the bikes today. Over the next two days we plan to ride to Budapest with an overnight stop somewhere near the Austrian Hungarian border. A day off seemed ideal preparation. This morning we took a boat trip around the lake.



The jetty was just outside our hotel so I could take a nice photo of both the hotel, ( the large building on the left )the local church and ski lift behind.



This afternoon we just had a walk around the vicinity.The Swedes were in town then but this evening it seemed to be populated by Russians. Various Nationalities are here in force. We're not sure if they have tickets for the soccer in nearby Salzburg & Innsbruck or whether they have just come to be near it. Either way every bar has a tv screen and is full of football supporters. We're really enjoying the atmosphere. The only problem is full hotels. We'll be near Graz tomorrow, where some games are being played- let's hope we can find a room for the night. Can't guarantee an internet connection so it may be a couple of days till we get back online. Meanwhile, everyone, please keep posting comments, we do enjoy them.

Elvie

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2008 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Horatio said...

What beautiful scenery. The Grossglockner pass looked spectacular. How are you finding the BMW now that you've been on it a few days LV? It looked ever so large in the garage. Is the gel seat making a difference?

 
At June 14, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Blogger singletrack said...

Gel seat?
I have just collected my F650 and only ridden it 30 miles home from the dealer - I will definitely be investing in a gel seat! (ouch!)

Let us know how the little bm is holding up to carrying the weight of all your luggage and the kitchen sink.

A x

 
At June 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Mr and Mrs Mogs said...

Hi both! I must introduce you two to each other some day, you'd get on well. Anyway my BM is brilliant! Well apart from the seat. I'd attached a gel cycle seat with webbing straps and velcro but it was so wet on leaving home the velcro all came unstuck so its been in my top box ever since! We've done 1600 miles so far and too be honest its not that bad. Some days I get a bit of a numb bum but usually its bearable - I've plenty of padding after all.

The bike doesn't notice the extra weight other than the bonus of sagging a bit. I've wound up the rear preload and it rides fine but I have the benefit of getting my feet nearly flat! On the first day it felt heavy and I was afraid I'd drop it but I've not noticed it since. I even didn't notice the difference up the grossglockner when I took all the luggage off. By the way LB is carrying the kitchen sink and the rest of the kitchen. I have the bedroom!

Elvie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home