This Page

has been moved to new address

Riding - version 2!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Riding - version 2!

Mogs Travels

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Riding - version 2!

One of the things that has been at the bike of my mind for several years has been the idea of learning to ride a horse. I've never had the time before but now that is no longer a problem I booked my first lesson the week I retired. I've had four lessons so far, the latest was this morning. My teacher seems quite pleased with my progress but I feel it's very slow. I suppose I'm being impatient as it's only been 2 hours. Unlike learning to ride a bike, I couldn't do 5 full days training in one go as my muscles would never stand it! Half an hour at a time is just about right but it'sgoing to take months and months.

I'm still struggling to sit properly and to make the horse go. He keeps stopping! At least a bike doesn't have a mind of its own! As for steering, brakes and gears....!! Well it's all a bit hit & miss! Anyway I am enjoying it. I love learning and in particular learning a new practical skill. The aim one day is to go galloping over the Brecon Beacons but it's going to take a few years to get there, I think. You've got to have long term goals though. Unfortunately I'm going to have to take a break from lessons while away on the bike, sometime short term goals get in the way! The important thing is to be out there enjoying life!

Elvie

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home