This Page

has been moved to new address

Retirement Day + 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Retirement Day + 4

Mogs Travels

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Retirement Day + 4

When retired, people often say they don't know how they used to find time to work, well I haven't found time to post on here! The big day itself was particularly busy. My last morning in work wasn't as bad as expected. I did shed a few tears saying good-bye to people but walked out for the last time with no regrets and much anticipation for the future. The significance of the event was on a par with getting married or having my first child i.e. life changing although the day itself was rather more mundane. After work it was home to find the security firm completing the installation of our new burglar alarm, a quick lesson on how to use it, lunch, then off on the bike to meet my friend Glow. A ride over the Brecon Beacons for a mug of tea in Llandovery was just what I needed to pick me up after all the good-byes. In the evening MrMogs & I finally celebrated the day with a meal out with our two sons at a local restaurant.

So how does it feel to be retired? I suppose to soon to tell. I've only effectively had a long weekend of it so far. I am already enjoying the luxury of not having to juggle work with other day time events. For example next week I can help my sons by awaiting delivery of their new sofa, while they're in work, and last week I could take my Dad shopping. We have two days advanced training on the bikes booked in the next 3 weeks. It was great to pick two weekdays, when we wanted, without having to worry about using up annual leave. I also want to try new things so have booked my first riding lesson - horses not bikes this time! Of course the novelty of all this may wear off and I may start missing work but I doubt it. There's a whole world and a myriad different activities and experiences to explore. Bring it on!!!

Elvie

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home