This Page

has been moved to new address

Counting down!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Counting down!

Mogs Travels

Monday, May 26, 2008

Counting down!

Setting off a week tomorrow and getting excited! Things are quietly falling into place although the odd spanner is being thrown in the works for us. Had a new rear tyre fitted to the bike last week and a scottoiler , an automatic chain oiling system. Discovered the chain is actually no good so have had to order another one which will be fitted next Friday. As my bike dealer is about 70 miles away this will take most of the day. Have also discovered I will need to visit the solicitor to sign some work related papers before going away, I just hope they'll be available before Friday.

Various bike bits are still in limbo. The panniers, which are essential for the trip should be posted tomorrow. I'll be on tenterhooks until they arrive as we don't have time for any last minute hitches. It doesn't look as if I'll get the taller screen and engine bars before setting off,but I can manage without them. It's touch and go whether my Bagster tank cover will arrive. I hope so as I already have the tank bag which I've been bungying to the bike. This has proved not to be ideal as one of the bungy hooks got caught on something under the headstock last time I used it and we had to take the side panel off the bike to release it! That could get a bit wearing on a 6 week trip!

We're having a garden makeover while away so need to arrange another meeting with the gardener, order turf, slabs, skip etc,move dinghy off back lawn, pack away garden furniture!

On the plus side we have booked the ferry tickets and first nights accommodation. We've also spoken to Mr Mogs cousin who lives just north of Munich and arranged to stay with her the first weekend of the trip. Finally I have cancelled the papers and booked a haircut! Have also pulled out most of the stuff we're taking and laid it out in the spare bedroom. Can't start packing till the panniers arrive. I'm beginning to realise why people on round the world or other adventure trips have project managers! We seem to have had such a lot to co-ordinate and we're only doing 6 weeks in Europe!

Anyway here's a few photos of my bike with new exhaust and pannier rails, radiator guard nad HID lights






Elvie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home