This Page

has been moved to new address

New Panniers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: New Panniers

Mogs Travels

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New Panniers



As I mentioned yesterday LB has bought himself some new aluminium panniers to replace the BMW Vario set he has. The advantages are that they are top loading & more importantly stuff won't fall out when he opens them on the bike; they offer more protection in a spill; can have accessories added; are bigger and we can use them as seats when camping. As far as I can see the only disadvantage is that they don't have integral locks. He has a clutch of padlocks to both lock the lids and lock the panniers to the bike.

They're very well made and are a fraction of the price I paid for my Metal Mule ones. So here's a plug for Bernie at Stahlkoffer. This is a new venture so we wish him well, he has certainly been very helpful and prompt in our dealings with him.

By the way he also does some nice fitted pannier bags which should be delivered before we set off on Saturday on our next adventure. The added accessories that I mentioned are two tool tubes on the front and Touratech bottle carriers on the rear. These will be carrying our spare oil, some tools and a first aid kit.

Elvie.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM , Blogger tonybmiller said...

Hey I really like the bike! I think its so cool that you guys travel. I hope I get to do that someday. It looks like you guys have been everywhere! Im really jealous of you guys! anyways, check my blog if you have time, thanks.

p.s. look forward to seeing more pics.

 
At July 10, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Blogger singletrack said...

Lovely panniers.
I see you have been practising with photoshop too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home