This Page

has been moved to new address

Digital Photos in a Downpour

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Digital Photos in a Downpour

Mogs Travels

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Digital Photos in a Downpour


Yesterday V & I joined another of Tim Colliers one day courses. This one covered landscape photography visiting various sites in the Brecon Beacons by minibus. There were only six on the course so we benefited from plenty of personal attention. Unfortunately part of the service involved Tim holding the umbrella over us in turn so we could take photos without getting totally drenched, while the thunder rumbled around us. The weather was dreadful! Despite that he took us to some wonderful, dramatic and quite remote places where we managed to take some good pictures despite the conditions and have a good laugh in the process.


I came away with plenty to think about next time I'm shooting landscapes. I must say the brief stop in the pub towards the end where we could dry off, warm up and view some of Tims fabulous photos of Flat Holm and Skokholm was a great relief. I'll certainly be looking out for more of his courses.



My waterproofs were totally inadequate so I'll be treating myself to some new ones very soon. The camera survived, just! It steamed up with condensation inside the lens, late in the day. Fortunately it had all cleared this morning and is working perfectly. One bonus of the day was meeting one of the other participants, T, who is an experienced photographer. I've been invited to join him and his friend on their regular Wednesday photoshoots which will be a great way to learn more

Elvie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home