This Page

has been moved to new address

Broadhaven

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Broadhaven

Mogs Travels

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Broadhaven


On Friday we came down to our caravan for the first time this season. I particularly love it at this time of year. From the van we have a great view up the valley of Haroldston Woods and the surrounding fields. We're ideally placed to watch the changing colours of the seasons. At present most of the trees are bare but some are coming into leaf so there are patches of the palest green, not the vibrant greens of the summer. The gorse is in full bloom and the blackthorn is also blossoming. Each time we visit the colours will have changed until everything is in full leaf, then it will remain fairly static over summer until the autumn brings it's own changes. The woodland is full of birdsong now. The chiffchaffs have arrived en masse and you can hear them wherever you are in the wood. There are plenty of blackbirds, robins and assorted tits and finches singing away too.


We've had a couple of walks in the woods, along the cliff path and of course on the beach. I've brought my slr camera and am quite pleased with some of the photos I've taken. It's strange how having a new camera has made me think about different camera angles and views. I've also tried a few arty close up photos and some underwater shots in the rock pools. I don't have a card reader to get the rock pool shots off the compact camera so I'll post those after I get home tomorrow.

Elvie

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Horatio said...

Cockles and Mussels alive alive oh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home