This Page

has been moved to new address

Anniversary!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Anniversary!

Mogs Travels

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anniversary!

It's a year exactly since I retired! What a wonderful time I've had too. I'm so lucky to be able to afford early retirement and to have both the time and money to do all the things I want. Would you believe over four out of the last twelve months have been spent away from home either in the caravan, on holidays or weekend trips! When home I've taken up photography, walking, motorbike restoration, birdwatching and a bit of horse riding. The only downside has been my mother's deteriorating health but that was to be expected, and part of the plan, as I've been around to sort out doctors appointments etc and to support Dad.

Before I finished work my mother-in-law expressed concern as she didn't think I could be "just a housewife". How right she is! The house is marginally cleaner and tidier than when I was working, but not a lot. On the other hand she was totally wrong in assuming that retirement was a negative state of carrying on as before but without work. It has opened up a whole host of opportunities for me and LB. Woohoo!!

Elvie..

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home