This Page

has been moved to new address

Wales Rally GB

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Wales Rally GB

Mogs Travels

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wales Rally GB

Home a week and no posts! I blame post holiday lethargy. I've had no inspirational thoughts to impart and a humdrum week so no interesting snippets to pass on. I've been busy but not with anything particularly exciting. Done the washing, gone shopping, visited the parents a few times, my car & LB's bike were service serviced etc, etc...... anyway here I am feeling inspired again!

Tonight we had tickets for a special stage of the Wales Rally, held in Cardiff's Millenium Stadium. Arrived in town at about 5.oopm. It was rather nice in the dark, with the Christmas lights, with the streets still full of Christmas shoppers as well as rally enthusiasts. Popped into Jessops to start with as I'm having a digital SLR camera for Christmas. I enjoy photography but have reached the limits of my point and shoot camera as you'll see with todays pics ( notwithstanding it's brilliant underwater shots!). Have decided on a Cannon EOS 450 so would appreciate any comments anyone may have on it! The reviews are good and its one of the few in the price range that are small enough to fit my hand. After a pint in a pub we went to the stadium. The rugby pitch had gone and there was a short circuit for time trials. I had great difficulty photographing th cars. Would you believe this white & red splodge is a car!


Below is the circuit& stadium and a very blurry view of the great Valentino Rossi who was taking part this year, in his car at the finish. He's lying about 25th, rather better than a few years ago when he last took part. Then he smashed his car into a tree about half hour into the first day! I hope he sticks to bikes for a few years yet but if he then switches to rallying we may well follow him!


Elvie

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM , Blogger René said...

Hi Both,
A little news, Terry Woods went to Cardiff to
see the start of the rally.
A friend of his had done a painting of GOD (Rossi) for him and took it there on the off chance. He saw Rossi shook his hand and he signed it for him and he was interviewed on French telly, so good for him as he is still on cloud nine.
Hope all is well with you and the family, I suppose it was nice to get away for the break.
Hope to see you over the hols.
Regards,
René

 
At December 8, 2008 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Troggy53 said...

Don't blame you taking it slow. Its not been that good lately.
Triffo has a 3 yr old Olympus SLRd so if you want you can chat about her experiences so far. I am looking for a course she can start in the new year to learn the secrets.
Ahh yes, the blurred action shot. I struggled as well but a little bit of practice and patience with a basic camera and you can get a reasonble shot. Ask me when we next meet. I have a few cracking shots of riders at the top of the hill at Cadwell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home