This Page

has been moved to new address

Countdown to Retirement

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Countdown to Retirement

Mogs Travels

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Countdown to Retirement

It's only three and a half weeks now until my retirement, three weeks for Mr Mogs. As Easter is next weekend it means I only have 9 more working days! Although as the date get closer I am realising what I will miss at work, the overwhelming feeling is of excitement. I really feel this is a new beginning. I have always enjoyed planning things and there's been a lot of that recently! Various financial arrangements have had to be altered in readiness for retirement day but also plans are being made for the fun side of the coming spring and summer.

Central to this is my new motorbike, a brand new BMW F650GS twin, which for those not in the know is an 800cc trailie style bike, ideal for touring. Incidentally this is a publicity photo so don't go thinking I'm the slim blond! I should be getting it at the end of March or first week in April and will need to get it kitted out with panniers etc, run in and have its first service in readiness for our forthcoming trips.

The big one, starting in June, is a 6 week camping tour of central Europe. We're hoping to start with a week in the Alps then move on through Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic and Germany. Prior to that we need to refine our camping techniques both in the back garden and with a couple of weekends away in May. It will be quite a strenuous holiday so fitness training will be a priority once work is out of the way. We are also honing our riding skills with some advanced rider training and also taking the ROSPA advanced riding test in April. ( see here) With a wedding and my sister-in-law's birthday party the diary is as full as when I'm working! Isn't life exciting?

Elvie

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home