This Page

has been moved to new address

Brecon Beacons

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mogs Travels: Brecon Beacons

Mogs Travels

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Brecon Beacons

It's taken me a while to get my mind off parents and on to me and the future. I think I'm finally getting myself sorted and normal life resumes. All the snowy weather has convinced us that a long haul, winter sun holiday is not a good idea however. Elderly parents don't cope well with snow so long trips are postponed for a bit. We're doing more in the local vicinity instead. We've joined the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust and visited their reserves in both Slimbridge and Llanelli in the last few weeks. Photos are on my flickr website, there's a link down on the right hand side of this page. My other project is to take a photo eachday and post it on Flickr. There's no particular theme. It's a mixture of photos of daily life and some staged indoor still life shots when the weathers bad. I'm trying to practice various techniques and using it as a way of improving my photography. Already I am planning to redo quite a few of the shots which could be better. Photos can be seen here

The most exciting development is buying a new car, a Mazda MX5. It has a folding roof and drives like a dream! We're now going to have as much fun on four wheels as we do on two. It's also got as little luggage carrying capacity! Our first drive was into the Brecon Beacons yesterday. It was a bit chilly with the roof down but we had to try it, hence the woolly hat.

Today it was time for some exercise so we did a 4 mile walk around Craig Cerrig Gleision. It wasn't far but was steep and we both had wobbly legs by the time we finished! A great day!

Tomorrow it's off to hospital to visit Mum but we're planning some nice trips in the UK in the next couple of months to keep us happy.

Elvie

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Mark McEnery said...

I'm always amazed at how incredible the Brecon Beacons look.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home